Sunday, July 28, 2013

YOP Update #4

No pictures this week but there has been much progress. I've started on my second skein on the baby blanket and it's around 12" long! Baby Blanket 1.0 was onto it's second skein when it was frogged and was maybe 6" if I'm lucky. It's been my walking to and from the car to work project though it's starting to get a little too long for that. I also walked from work to a crafting group, which was about 3 miles, while knitting on the blanket. It was nearly one full repeat of the pattern while walking but the tail of the 1st skein kept getting stuck between my legs. If it hadn't been 80 degrees F out, this probably wouldn't have been an issue but it was kind of awkward.

The Tiberius socks are coming along nicely though I waited until the end of the week to work on them. A 90 minute car ride is an excellent time to work on them. They aren't a walking project because I need to refer to the chart too often, though I imagine I should actually be able to knit without looking at it. It's easier to look though as it makes it harder to get lost. I went to a knitting group this afternoon that traditionally meets on Tuesday but they've expanded to the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. It was a lot of fun and it was nice to work on a project and chat with fellow knitters. The yarn has also seemed to decide to behave. I'm hoping that this trend will continue.

I'm not doing so well on the getting my stash smaller. I did get some yarn recently. One skein was to have enough yarn to make a vest for Husband who now doesn't want a vest. Apparently I shouldn't believe him when he starts day dreaming about knit items. The other skein is called Temporal Rift and knits up stripped like the 4th Doctor's scarf.... It's going to become socks. I'd love if Husband would wear them while dressed as the 10th Doctor, but I don't think he's going to agree to that. Maybe I should just knit them anyway and he'll fall in love with how comfy they feel...

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You walk and knit? Amazing! Baby blankets are always ambitious as they take major patience. That reminds me I need to finish my niece's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with walking and knitting!! Sorry about the first frogging but it sounds like you have found a solution and are coming along nicely : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed too, walking and knitting sounds really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I'm with the girls after reading all your post I still come back to wow you walk and knit !! I'd walk and knit and walk into the nearest wall, lamppost, off the path you get the idea, Wow again. It does sound like its working for you though with all that progress on the blanket. Love the idea of a knitting group, a real live one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't count on yarn continuing to behave ... or even husband's falling into line with knitting goals ... those sort of happystances are rare and fleeting. My husband made an express request for knit socks, I bought Wollemeise (!!) and knit them, and he has NEVER worn them. EVER.

    All those knitting groups sound like fun. I'd love to find a Sunday afternoon group around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I walk and knit too if I don't have the kids with me, but usually only on vanilla socks! I was making 2 at a time while walking up the road to the school one day and got LOTS of funny looks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, walking and knitting, that's impressive. I've never tried it, maybe it would be a good plan! And I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on the blanket

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the endless stash acquisition battle. One of these days I will give up and just let the stash win ;) Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete