Tuesday, September 3, 2013

YOP # 9 or Bonding Time with Husband

I've made quite a bit of progress this week.  All of my projects from last week have grown. Unfortunately, that makes them harder to take with me as I walk places but that seems to have worked out this last week.

Husband realized that all of the James Bond movies were available to watch on Netflix. Up until this week, I'd seen one full Bond film, the most recent one, and had seen bits and pieces of others. I've never truly been drawn to the whole Bond thing but Husband wanted to share the movies with me. However, they were only streaming until September 2nd.

We only managed to get through one complete movie, Golden Eye, though I saw most of another one with Roger Moore...there were horses and Christopher Walken was the bad guy. I don't remember the title now but the opening sequence on skis was pretty fun. The best part was that I could sit there and knit.

Fuzzy is nearly 2 feet long now. I didn't take a picture but there has been some growth there. I still haven't decided if I'm going for a certain length or a certain number of skeins used for the project yet. I guess I'll see how big it is once I'm finished with the 3rd skein.

The Tulip socks have a cuff and the set-up for the leg pattern. Since there's a chart for the leg pattern and I don't know how complicated it is yet (I've glanced but not memorized it), I don't know if this is going to be a traveling project or not. I'd like my printed out sheets to stay pretty but they end up folded and beat up when I travel with them.

The camera on my phone and the lighting really don't do the colors any justice.

I also spent quite a bit of time on Waves. It was my travel project this last week but I think it has now earned stay at home status as well.

I was in the middle of a row and stopped for some reason but wanted the picture more than I wanted to finish the row. There are over 200 stitches on the needles right now.


To add to the fun, and to have something I am certain can travel easily, I've volunteered to test a pattern. Another pair of socks but they looked like fun and then I can add "pattern tester" to all my other abilities.

The goal for next week is to actually update this on Sunday...

Finished Objects

Works in Progress

7 comments:

  1. Two feet of blanket is a great accomplishment. That is usually when I start getting anxious! Your Cookie A. Tulip sock will be interesting in that bold, blood, variegated red. I can't wait to see how the st pattern looks in it. You've got quite a bit done on that shawl. That is a nice green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you get anxious at that length? I'm starting to feel a little bored...which is why it's coming out when I'm watching interesting TV shows so that I don't realize that I'm getting bored... Husband is starting to get anxious that it'll never get finished but baby blankets aren't suppose to be huge, right?

      This is actually the second Cookie A pattern I've tried with this yarn. The first one was much lacier and just didn't work. I'm really hoping that this one works!

      Delete
    2. Why do you get anxious at that length? I'm starting to feel a little bored...which is why it's coming out when I'm watching interesting TV shows so that I don't realize that I'm getting bored... Husband is starting to get anxious that it'll never get finished but baby blankets aren't suppose to be huge, right?

      This is actually the second Cookie A pattern I've tried with this yarn. The first one was much lacier and just didn't work. I'm really hoping that this one works!

      Delete
  2. The yarn and colour in that shawl look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part about the yarn for the shawl is that it's 30% seacell, so even the content fits the theme of the design!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. The tulip socks look lovely! And waves is looking great, I can see why it's not really portable though!

    ReplyDelete