Sunday, September 22, 2013

YOP #11/12 or Small Creatures Lead to Distraction

I honestly meant to write last week, but my life got thrown a little upside down.

We got....a dog.

This is her over a week after we got her. Her leash is being held by the Boy, who she doesn't yet trust.
We got this lovely little papillon from a rescue organization. She has, of course, decided that I'm her human, which means she's been responding more to me than anyone else. This also means that I'm becoming more responsible for her. The plus side is that during the first few days, she would quietly sit next to me while I worked on my knitting. Now that she's warmed up and decided that I'm her human, she's decided yarn might be fun to play with seeing as how I'm playing with it. Thankfully she's not destroyed anything. It does mean I can't just leave knitting projects laying down anywhere. Who knows where she's able to climb to?

On to projects!

I was once again, project monogamous, but I did manage to finish them! I've been working on a test knit of Ladders to the Sky socks. It's the first time I've done a test knit and it was a lot of fun. I made the legs shorter than the pattern called for because I was worried about time. I finished them this morning, which is a week late for the project deadline. There was enough information from what I'd done that I was able to fill out the survey. Every time I thought I'd be able to get them done, something came up between the dog, the bonus kids and the universe. But now those are done.



Of course, my other projects aren't really travel suitable, so I need to finish something else up this week so I can cast on something new. It's not actually realistic but a girl can dream, right?

8 comments:

  1. Lovely test knit finish, pretty colour and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely test knit finish, pretty colour and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe I've seen a Papillon before. Your dog has a majectic stance, so show dog worthy. It's coat is beautiful and almost looks like an elegant, royal fox.
    The green of these cool socks is terrific. I like how the stitch pattern is defined and refined. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got longer legs than most Papillons. A friend of mine has one that is twice her size (in weight and height) but he's kind of a freak.

      Thank you for the compliment on the socks. It was a fun colourway and a really awesome pattern. I want to make a pair for myself now!

      Delete
  4. Those socks are really gorgeous, but of course I told you already in the Rav forum :)
    I hope everything works out great with the cute dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly seems like it's going to work out with her. She's definitely my dog, without a doubt. Of course, I'm the cat person in the family and everyone else is a dog person, so of course she would want to win me over. She has started to think that yarn might be a fun toy though, which is something I've (hopefully) put an end to.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet dog, but I hope she leaves your yarn alone! I know my puppy will eat anything that's left out. And the socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on all counts! She is definitely a good vacuum cleaner and apparently has a thing for socks or at least dirty socks. Thankfully she listens to me when I tell her to leave something alone.

      Delete