Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Trip to the State Fair

Thursday August 22nd was the opening day of the 2013 Minnesota State Fair. It was a lovely day, not too hot or humid, and there wasn't much going on at work, so I decided to take the day off to go to the Fair.

We parked on my side of the U of MN campus and walked over to the stadium that for a free shuttle ride. I had my knitting along.

Pedestriyarn: Here I am knitting and walking at the same time.

The first place we were going to go was the Creative Arts building to see how my socks had done. We got distracted but did eventually make it there. It took a bit to find them, but I did find them on display. No ribbon but I honestly didn't expect anything.

Pardon the bad reflection...


Wanted one, yes, but I know I'm still essentially a beginner and I know there were things that needed fixing on the socks. The heels weren't my best as it was my first time doing a short row heel. At least they were blocked, which there were many other socks displayed that weren't.

We walked around the building a little bit and looked at the amazing things that did win.





Then we headed out to get some food (I was still walking and knitting). Lunch was a very tasty Mexican sandwich (I don't remember what it's called and I didn't take a picture; food was too tasty smelling). We then headed over to the Eco Building to see some of the other Tesla owners. Husband ended up sucked into talking about the Tesla (it's really easy), so I wandered away with my knitting to look at some other things on site. An hour later I rescued him.

We ended the day by going to get cookies and milk. While we were at the "All You Can Drink" milk stand, I noticed a banner that declared Alpacas. Since I'd humored Husband by letting him get sucked into the Tesla vortex, he let me go over and bet the yarn and chat with the owners. I actually managed to not buy any yarn! This was the second place that there was yarn to pet. In the dairy barn, there was a booth with yarn and fiber for sale (I don't know why). I didn't realize it when I dragged Husband in to look at the butter sculptures.

I do feel very encouraged to work on my knitting and submit more items next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment