Thursday, October 3, 2013

YOP #13 or Did I Really Do Anything This Week?

Yet another week of chaos. I was going to write on Sunday, but it was closing day at the Renaissance Festival and it was a killer one at that. It was not only our second best day of the season but second best day EVER. So I was exhausted and there was minor drama at home.  Even though I have at least 2 friends who knit at the Renaissance Festival, I simply can't get myself to do it. It's so incredibly dusty out there. I blow black stuff out of my nose for a day or two after festival and I just don't want to think about all of that dust getting into the yarn. I know that I can wash the yarn but it just seems like a bad idea. It does mean that I loose some potential knitting time.

Since I'd finished the easy travel project the week before, I debated about casting on something new. The next Cookie A shipment will arrive most likely on Monday, so there will be new patterns. The pattern I really want to cast on is the Bigger on the Inside shawl but I've decided that I have to finish one of my big projects first. Thankfully I've had a lot of events this past week, so my Waves of Love shawl came to work with me. It's not an easy, mindless project but at least it has some rows that are pretty mindless (K2, YO, knit to 2 before the end, YO, K2; I don't have to think to knit that.) Of course, I'm now really really close but not yet finished. I'm hoping that it'll be done this weekend.

Sometime in the next week, I'll also be casting on a new pair of socks. It's another test pattern. It doesn't need both socks (or even one sock) to be finished. It's more about the cuff and leg but the pattern looks really cool. I'm planning on calling them "The Angels have the phone box" as I'm planning on using TARDIS and Don't Blink colors from Indigodragonfly. Now to just make sure the ones I have are in the same base otherwise I may need another plan....

I also hope that once I'm finished Waves of Love, I'll also have time to cast on Bigger on the Inside and, by some miracle, have that finished in time for Chicago TARDIS at the end of November. It's only October, right? That's possible. Maybe?

I do hope to be more excited by the October Cookie A socks. Not that the August ones weren't pretty but they certainly didn't call to me like previous ones. I also want to finish my Fruity Tulips before casting on another Cookie A sock.

Finished Objects

Works in Progress



2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the drama but otherwise it seems you had a more productive week than you think! What did you do at the fair? Have a booth of some kind? Your new family addition is so very cute--we rescued a dog a few years back, and while she loves all of us, my husband quickly became her human! When he is home, she is his shadow! Hope your weekend is blessed--
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work for friends of mine who make soap. I'm their head hawker and back-up manager. It's a lot of fun. I've been doing it since 2006!

      The dog is ridiculous cute and is definitely my shadow. Some days it's really exhausting and kind of annoying. My cats ended up at my mom's because I didn't have time for them and no one else was interested in them. They were also living outside because of Husband's allergies. Yet I now apparently have time for a dog though Husband does help. The kids are a little too wrapped up in themselves to notice her when she needs things (like being let outside). Hope you had a good weekend!

      Delete