Friday, August 16, 2013

YOP #6 or Why I Shouldn't Wait Until It's Time to Go Camping to Try and Write an Update

I have this "wonderful" habit of blogging* in my head. (Note: I'm currently writing this while helping my husband fix the toilet. Nothing like multitasking!) This post was started in my head on Saturday the 10th while I was finishing up my Socks, the Final Frontier socks (formerly Tiberius socks). It was my intention to actually blog on Sunday. Then things happened, mostly getting ready for our trip.

Once again, I was mostly project monogamous. Enough people who had seen my socks had commented how awesome they were that when I saw a post on Ravelry about entries into the State Fair, I started to think about entering them. By the end of the week, I knew I was going to enter them if I could finish them. I even went and bought sock blockers.

They were finished around 11:54 pm on Saturday evening. The picture below was taken at 11:59 pm, which is why isn't not entirely in focus....I may have been desperate for sleep and knew that I had to get up in less than 7 hours....


Sunday after church (both services; I was running lights, hence the waking up early), my oldest bonus daughter came with me to the State Fairgrounds to drop off the socks. I've never entered anything into any state fair before. I hadn't pre-registered because I hadn't even thought about entering anything. The kind lady took my information and my socks (and promised that they would take good care of them) and let us go on our way with a receipt to pick them up after the fair. The best part? Driving on the fairgrounds. No, I don't know why this amuses me.

Before the first Sunday service, I did work on the baby blanket for a couple of rows. It's now over 12" long. Not nearly where I want it to be but pretty decent seeing as how I haven't touched it in a couple of weeks. I even remembered my pattern!

I did attempt to start Bigger On the Inside shawl but the yarn and I did not see things the same way. I have 3 skeins of Policebox Blue from Vice Yarns. I need just over 2 skeins so the third skein will become something else as well. I did manage to wind one skein this past week, though it took me most of the week. Why? Because I don't have a swift. I improvised one with objects found in my craft room. It didn't end well. I got it all wound up and decided to rewind it so it would be nicer. Big mistake. It ended up becoming horribly knotted and I ended up having to cut things so there are now all kinds of fun knots in it. Guess which skein is going to be number 3?

Finished Objects

Works in Progress




*I also do this with emails and forums and anything else that requires me to write something.

2 comments:

  1. The socks look amazing! And well done for getting them finished in time to enter them in the fair! I hope you do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The fair opens on Thursday. I don't know if they contact me or if I have to go to see how I did, though I will be going to see how I did!

    ReplyDelete