Monday, July 28, 2014

YOP #2.4 or Now With More Pictures!

Some weeks are just filled with chaos. I'm pretty sure that was this past week for me. Even though there was all kinds of stuff going on, I still managed to get some knitting done.

As Husband mentioned in a comment in last week's post, I have indeed started his gloves. I've only cast them on twice now.



The first time I frogged, I wasn't happy with how the two colors were looking. Specifically, I didn't like how the purl stitches were looking. I frogged and then dug up some information on the internet about doing ribbing with two colors. I needed to hold both colors at the same time to keep the tension constant, which wasn't what I was doing. I kept dropping the color I wasn't using and I think that's why it was looking so sloppy.

Last night, I had Husband try it on. It was too tight. Way too tight.


I liked how the stitches were looking but yeah...Husband barely got his hand through it. It's going to be frogged and cast onto a larger set of needles.

I didn't get a chance to work on Browncoat but here's a picture of it:

 
I really like how the pattern is looking. I'm in the middle of a row (of course) so I couldn't spread it out very well to get a full shot. After the week I've had, it would be nice to have some mindless knitting time.

Finally, the Mint Twist socks. I added a few rounds, but not a lot of progress. There are pictures nonetheless. I'm including a picture of my kitchner stitch that got complimented.

Pardon the blurriness. I was tired.



Works in Progress

4 comments:

  1. The mitts with two colours look fabulous, good on you for persevering and mastering it - hopefully the larger needles will do the job!! The socks are still looking great and that is a lovely Kitchener stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the two colours in the gloves and hope it really works out now with the bigger needles, I really like the pattern of brown coat and look forward to a spread out shot of it. Really neat kitchener stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how frustrating having to cast on several times... it will be worth it though and the colours are looking fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of two-colour ribbing but I don't find it very stretchy. Your tension looks great. And yes, your kitchener stitch is invisible so well done!

    ReplyDelete