Monday, July 21, 2014

Chicken fried pork

Husband has been on a strange kick lately. He's been talking about chicken fried steak like a man possessed. One night, he decided that this was what we were going to have for dinner. There was a small problem with this plan-no steak. He ended up using ground beef. Instead of flour, he used some sort of dried corn meal. They were tasty, though a bit crunchy.

The obsession continued and I decided I needed to find a meat tenderizer. I had joked that if I found one at a thrift store I was going to, that I would buy it and we'd have chicken fried pork chops that night for dinner.

I found one. He missed out because of work.

While he was on a plane to California, my bonus daughters and I multi-tasked by cleaning out the fridge and pantry, putting away groceries and cooking chicken friend pork chops.

It was a lot of fun and very tasty. During our cleaning, I found some corn flour, which was going to work much better than the corn meal. Both girls loved it and ate it as leftovers the next day.

As with the all the "best" recipes, nothing was measured out, but here's an approximate idea of what we did, for the sake of documentation of course.

Ingredients

 Pork chops
Corn Flour (about a cup and a half, I think)
Paprika (about a tablespoon)
Salt (a health pinch)
Garlic Powder (less than the amount of paprika, more than the salt)
Vegetable Oil (enough to cover meat when in the pan)

Directions

  • Use meat tenderizer to pummel pork chops into very thin pieces.
  • Combine corn flour, paprika, salt and garlic powder together. Mix them up.
  • Put vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat
  • Thoroughly coat the pork chops in the corn flour mixture
  • Place coated pork chop into the oil. Cover.
  • After about 2-4 minutes, flip pork chop
  • Remove from oil once both sides appear golden
  • Repeat until all are cooked
  • Eat and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment