Wednesday, November 18, 2015

YOP 3 Update, about a month later

And what a month it has been. It seems that I'm just keeping my head above water in some ways. I'm managing to usually sticky the new forum thread and lock the old one. It seems I'm currently the only active moderator and by active, I mean, maintaining the board. I'm certainly not active when it comes to writing. Somehow I have also become the moderator of a group for the recreational roller derby league I'm in while volunteering for the greater league and still working a full time job and serving at church. At least I have decent knitting time during all of that or I would be very batty.

I still haven't taken pictures of Apollonia. Perhaps next week when things slow down (or the end of the week; that may also work).

Thank you to everyone who commented on Husband's sweater. He's been getting a lot of compliments for it as well. One of his friends told him that it looked store bought (which, in Firefly, would be an insult at a fancy shindig) and several others haven't necessarily believed him when he said I had made it. The cooler weather up in Minnesota means it's been getting a lot of love too. Most days when I get home from work and he's been out, he tells me of yet another person who has been impressed with the sweater.

In the meantime, I finished one test knit (twice actually and both before the deadline; apparently my sister has an ENORMOUS head according to our mother. I imagine she would know best) which was a wonderful, semi-mindless knit. My sister and her vet assistant will now be twinsies.

The first one. I make the dog model most cowls.

 










































































The 2nd one just before shipping, so no dog photo.

I've also started another test knit. It's a lovely, lacy scarf.  Of course, it needs to be frogged as I dropped at least one stitch while hiding from the teenagers last night.

I had hoped to cast on some socks today which is funny because it's the load-in for the fall opera. If I had something already cast-on, I might be able to work on it while programming, but there's definitely not time to do the casting on while there. All the projects I have on needles (a total of one, which is weird) require me

1 comment:

  1. The cowl is very pretty - I love the button closure accent. Your dog is very tolerant. And a very good model. lol

    ReplyDelete