Sunday, November 22, 2015

YOP 3 Week 21 Update

The world may be ending as I'm actually writing and posting a new blog post on Sunday, which is Year-Of-Progress Blog-along day.  In reality, I'm waiting for the pumpkin bread to finish baking so I can go to bed (why did I start baking it so late? Because that's when Husband insisted I start it after I got home from work and ate something first) and as I've already washed the dishes, it made sense to sit down and blog.




First things first. My sister posted a picture of her in her new cowl, which arrived in a timely fashion. Not only has it gotten cold up where she lives but it got there just in time for her birthday. Before you offer congrats on getting a gift out before the intended owner's celebration, I should note that I was going to make this as a birthday/Christmas gift about 2 years ago.... It apparently just took me that long to find the perfect pattern. She has reported that it's nice and warm though, so it was worth the wait.





I did eventually get a new project cast-on. I wouldn't say it's exactly an easy pattern as it does have a chart but it's not lacework and there is a strange rhythm to the pattern. It's one of this October's Cookie A patterns. I'm using the club yarn, which is this wonderfully soft yarn with camel in it. I would like to just bury my head in it and let the world zoom by for a day or so. It's yarn like this that makes me wonder how some people can't feel the difference in types of fiber. I'm 2/3 of the way done with the first leg. The problem is going to be the feet. While my feet are proportionate to my body, they sure are long when it comes to knitting socks. At least it's a short week for work and then a short vacation to somewhere warm for the holiday! Of course, there will be knitting but the odds aren't good that I'll get anything worked on.

Finished Projects 

Works in Progress

3 comments:

  1. The picture is great. Your sister looks like toasty in her new cowl. :^) I love how it can be unbuttoned (and folded down, I suppose?). What a great design idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lucky sister! What a wonderful gift to those in the North! Have a great Thanksgiving and vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant that she got the cowl just as it got cold - good timing. It looks great too!

    ReplyDelete