Sunday, October 18, 2015

YOP 3 Week....something....

I've started several posts in my head over the last few weeks but have yet to manage to write any of them down. So today, while I still have energy, I'm making a post.

The most exciting thing is that I finished my socks! I really enjoyed working with this pattern and yarn. The dark yarn wasn't always the best when working backstage but it felt amazing in my hands. I haven't snapped a picture of them yet. In fact, I didn't even block them. I wove in the ends and wore them the next day! They were so comfortable and lovely.

I did finally snap some photos of Husband's sweater. He was being very silly but it meant I got to get some fun photos of him. As you can see in this picture, the sleeves are a little short. Technically, the cuff is a little short. He had me end it early. And now I'm adding to it because he realized that it is indeed a little too short. One was really easy to pull apart but I wove the end of the other one in so well that it was a struggle to find it! I plan on finishing that tonight before I go to sleep. Only a few more rounds to add and then to once again cast-off. End weaving may not happen right away though! It is getting cooler though and I do like that he has a sweater made by me to wear.

With the socks done, I decided to work on a new project. It's probably been a couple of years now, but I had asked my sister what she might want and if she'd be interested in a cowl. Once she discovered what this would look like, she got really excited. She lives the in the Middle of Nowhere (also known as North-east Montana) and it gets cold there. I'm finally getting around to doing it (she doesn't seem to mind or to have remembered that I said I'd make it). I sent her this picture asking if it was an okay color combination. She replied enthusiastically in favor of them. It's also a test knit, which I enjoy doing. It also holds me to a time table. This way she'll actually get it before it becomes too cold up there.

There is potentially more but those are the main things I want to write about at the moment. Sundays are hard days for me to decide to sit in front of a computer as I have roller derby practice in the afternoon. If I was truly wise, I would write this before then but that makes too much sense!
 

  Finished Projects 

Works in Progress

5 comments:

  1. Love the colours in your husbands sweater and I really like the colour combo you've chosen for your sisters cowl, looking forward to seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely block socks, preferring to just wear them! Your husband's sweater is gorgeous, what bright happy colours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband's sweater is nice! I like the colors. And it's fun that he got silly for the camera. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. our husband's sweater is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get credit for making the sweater as well as bringing out my smile.

    ReplyDelete