Sunday, March 3, 2013

Finished!


They are finished! Last night, I finished the second sock and wove in the ends, which is something I usually take forever to get around to doing. It's not exactly the most interesting part of knitting.

I'm very happy with how they've turned out. When I started the second one, I had to unwind the skein a bit so that that I could start with the same color. If you look closely, you see that they mostly match.
 
I'm going to ignore it and be happy with it.
 Here's a close-up of where things started to go "wrong". As I was knitting the last orange band, I realized that the skein I had purchased had a break in it and they simply tied on the next bit of yarn with no regards to the color scheme. Thankfully I'd taken that bit at the beginning off which was the right color. However, you can clearly see that there wasn't enough of the orange to match the stripe on the first one so they end differently. I've decided to not worry about it and let it be. I could probably have used the leftovers from the first sock to make it work out "right" but I kind of like how they don't match completely. Fits me perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment