Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cookie A Sock Club

This past Christmas, my mom signed both of us up for the Cookie A 2013 Sock Club. Mom did this after I had made 2 pairs of socks but those socks were addictive.

After finishing the derby socks, I'm finally starting on one of the patterns from the first shipment. The yarn is beautiful and soft, though a bit stubborn at times (that could also be me knitting too tight) and the pattern is fun. If only I could get it to work properly.

I've already cast-on and frogged* multiple times. It turns out that when you miss part of the stitch pattern, it really screws things up. I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time, but the second time I definitely left out a couple of stitches which messed everything up. So now that they've been cast-on for a third time, I've made some progress....but.....

They just don't look as nice as the ones people are posting on the forum. This is most likely because a lot of them have knitted more than 2 pairs of really simple socks. I also think I've screwed up the increase. I'm trying to decide if I frog it and start over or just adjust my stitch the next time I come to the increase and hope for the best.

*This term is completely new to me and I love it! It refers to having to rip out knitting. To quote the person on the forum who explained it to me, you rip-it and rip-it and rip-it. Yes, my husband shook his head and told me to try harder when I shared that with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment