Saturday, August 15, 2015

YOP Year 3 Week 6: First FO

Last week I spent time waiting in line to see some fringe shows and I was serving at my church by running the lighting during a leadership event. There was quite a bit of down time or as I like to call it, knitting time. I brought along two of my sock projects to work on. While listening to the different speakers, I was able to finish a pair of socks! Of course, I still haven't blocked them or taken pictures but darn it, I wove in the ends! That means Girl on Fire is my first FO for the year! They would have been finished much sooner if I hadn't kept putting them off to finish up different projects. I am glad that I finished them before I passed a year from cast on.

The Browncoat Top has passed a year since cast on. I haven't seamed the shoulders yet. Husband keeps wanting to know why it's not finished and I explained that it's a project that I need to do while sitting still, in good light where I don't have to be paying attention to anything else. This means it doesn't go into the car now and I definitely don't do it while we watch "Sliders". It's going to need something that I've seen a million times, like "The Princess Bride" or "Goonies".

As I finished the Girl on Fire socks, I set to work on the Apollonia socks. I feel as though I messed something up in the heel turn as I seem to have a small hole/gap but the math is correct. It's amazing how much my knitting has improved over the years. I look now at my first socks and am delighted with how far I've gotten. A pattern like this one would have scared me when I first started as it uses a chart but it's now amazingly simple. Turns out I prefer charts to written out patterns. It's much easier for me to find where I am when I set something down for several weeks.

My plan this next week is to take photos of things, cast on a youth sweater and come up with something to knit for Husband's 2nd Cousin's 2nd child. Most likely another blanket but I want to do it in a different pattern.

Finished Projects 

Works in Progress

5 comments:

  1. Yay for finished girl on fire! Looking forward to seeing the photos! I must admit I quite like charts despite convincing myself I couldn't use them to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about how I was when I began, convinced that I couldn't use them!

      Delete
  2. Hey are you a fellow Minnesotan? Congrats on the finished socks. I know what you mean about projects that languish because you actually need to focus on them. I get a little mama retreat in the late Fall and I save those projects for then. Now if only the amount of projects fit the amount days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed in Minnesota, though I'm not a native. :)

      Hopefully you get some projects completed instead of getting overwhelmed by it all.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to the photos! Good going on your knitting progress.

    ReplyDelete