Sunday, August 2, 2015

YOP 3, week....5 Oops

Just over a month since my last update and I've yet to get around to replying to comments from the last post! This must be a sign that I really am busy and am apparently not sitting in front of my computer as often as I imagine.

 Confession time.

I haven't done much knitting in this last month.

I haven't snapped any new photos of my WIPs.

But....

I have finished up the main body of the Browncoat Sweater. Shoulders need to be seamed and then there's some finishing work. This will also be followed by weaving in all the ends and blocking it out but I can feel that it's getting closer! The pattern is fairly straight forward though I did get hung up a few times with the wording. The author responded to my questions on Ravelry which was really awesome. Eventually I was able to figure out where I left off last autumn and discovered I hadn't done something correctly. This meant it was easy to frog it back to the spot in question and get a clean go at it.

Yesterday I received this month's Cookie A sock yarn. It's a yellow color. I've seen the spoiler photos but I haven't opened it yet. Husband did ask how my stash is holding up. It's getting tight but if I can finish up a few things, I'll be in good shape.

A knitter in one of the local groups I try to attend asked for test knitters for a youth sweater pattern she has written. My youngest step-daughter is small for her age and would probably like to have a sweater knit for her though I just put her laundry in the dryer (the kids wash their own clothes and I decided to be nice and not have her things sit all night in the washer when I took my clothes out of the dryer) and there may need to be a conversation about how not everything should go into the machine first. I do have other friends with younger children who might get more use out of it. The pattern is sized up to 6 but I really don't know what that means. A quick glance has me feeling like it shouldn't be too hard but I need to look closer at measurements.

Husband's Wesley sweater ended with arms that aren't long enough. To be fair, he was traveling most of the week during this time period so I was doing a lot of guess work on how it would fall on him. Instead of frogging back past the cuff, he wants me to add onto the cuff. I said I'd do it if I can get a picture of him in it first. His job has settled down but the weather has gotten terribly hot and I haven't had the heart to ask him to pose in the sweater yet. He was worried that I wouldn't have it done in time for the cold weather as I did start a pair of socks since then.

A large part of the reason why I haven't been knitting lately is because of the Bathroom of Doom. This is the latest remodel project that started a couple of years ago when we cut off the hot water to the bath/shower as it was leaking. It became an actual "now we're going to fix it problem" about a month ago. I ended up taking the week off from work (well, I went in one day and the end of the week was a paid holiday) to assist Husband on the project. I've made all of the hardware store trips, mostly by myself. So far there have only been 11, half of which have been me returning plumbing parts and getting the correct size.... So after exhausting days of ripping out walls and dealing with plumbing, my hands and mind had no interest in knitting anything.

That's all for this week. Happy knitting!

Finished Projects 

Works in Progress

6 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you are insanely busy, the remodel sounds like hard work. Good news about the browncoat and well done for getting stuck into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Browncoat is so nearly there, well done, it will be nice to see that finished I bet. You seem to be so busy. Remodelling is never easy and is hard work, perhaps when it's done and out of the way you'll feel more like knitting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a leak in the downstairs bathroom behind one of the walls. We ended up ripping out the bottom 1/3rd of the walls down to the framing on two walls and busting through half a dozen tiles. We fixed the leak and dried everything up but it's a mess. We have to face the bathroom of doom sooner or later. I tried to hire contractors but it seems the job is not big enough to be of interest to them. Frustrating!!! I hope your bathroom is awesome pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though you are insanely busy, the remodel sounds like hard work. Good news about the browncoat and well done for getting stuck into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh remodeling a bathroom is hard work. I did ours mostly by myself and we only have one so there were many long days and trips to stores for parts (and to use their toilet - ha!) I'd love to see your husband's sweater. Both my husband and I are big Star Trek fans. I hope you get more knitting time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sympathies to you. We've had to face the "bathroom of doom" several times over our 35 years and our 5 (?) different houses. The problems have taken different forms, but water is a house's number one enemy - or so hubby likes to say. I'm actually impressed you're getting any knitting done. So be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete