Thursday, August 21, 2014

YOP #2.7 or Work Gets in the Way

Posting after Sunday seems to be a thing for me. At least I'm posting.

Last week was rough. I was still annoyed with my two smaller projects (though someone suggested how to place a life-line in the sock, which I'm forever grateful for). Add onto it what we did at work. I can no longer remember why but we seemed to think it would be a good idea to clean our dance floor at work. There are 6 pieces that are 5 feet wide and 40 feet long. It was a lot of scrubbing on hands and knees. The next morning, I was exhausted.

I didn't knit anything until Thursday morning. I spent Thursday and Friday attending the Global Leadership Summit. My church was a host site and I had volunteered to run the lights. I brought my knitting along because it's hard to go anywhere without my knitting. I brought the Browncoat because it was in the least amount of trouble. I took a lot of notes during the sessions but I also managed to knit a lot. There was down time and times where I just needed to keep my hands busy.

I did manage to get nearly done with the lace section. There's only about 4 rows left.

Of course, it was then opening weekend of the Renaissance Festival and I simply won't bring my knitting out there. It is way too dirty.

The fact that I'm just getting this posted on Thursday should probably say a lot about how my week has been going. Hopefully I'll have something to write about on Sunday!

Works in Progress

5 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you have had a very busy week. But at least you managed to fit in some knitting - hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this week is going better than last even if it is busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some weeks just get you like that... hope your days settle down a tad x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy week. Hope you'll get a bit more time to relax this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone has been busy with something. There's back to school, back to work after vacations, I'm "preserving" as in canning and freezing as are many other gardeners. I still enjoy hearing about your week, regardless.

    ReplyDelete