Monday, November 4, 2013

YOP #18 or Maybe I Should Make Lists

It's a new month and my current projects are moving (mostly) along nicely. I'm nearly done with the leg of the sock I'm testing. I like the design though there are things that I would modify with the colorwork. Maybe after I make this pair, I can redesign what is now shaping up in my head. Is that pattern plagiarism though? Enough would change that I wouldn't think so but I wouldn't have the idea if I hadn't worked on these socks.

Instead of only have the 2 blue striped down the back, I'd do either all or every other one of the twisted stitches as blue and then inversing it on the other sock. I'm not sure how it would work with the stranding though. I'd be concerned that it would make too dense of a sock fabric.


The cowl for Husband is on the second section. I wish it was as simple as the first section as I could walk with that and not have to check a pattern every other row. The design is a mosaic colorwork, so the first row sets up the stitches and the next row repeats the same pattern and then things change on the third row. It's remembering the odd numbered rows that I haven't quite mastered yet.

No progress on Fuzzy this past week. I need to fix that.

The TARDIS shawl was doing well...until I dropped a stitch. I can't seem to find stitches easily in lace work (can anyone??), so I frogged it and started over. I'm not at about the same point I was a week ago...

There are things that I really need to cast on. Okay, really only two things. The hat and cowl for my sister.

I need to have the TARDIS shawl and the test socks completed by the end of the month. I'd like Fuzzy to be finished soon as well. It seems as though I've been working on it for the longest time, though not lately. While my sister's birthday is in November, she'll be receiving her hat and cowl in December as we'll all be together for Christmas.

On top of that is my competitive nature saying I must make ALL THE SOCKS from this year's Cookie A sock club before early December. I know that this isn't going to happen. I like sleeping. A lot. But if they were all made, I would have a lot of entries in the year-end prize drawing which is for a membership for the 2014 club. Mom already plans on giving me that as my Christmas gift this year but it would be cool to win it. Just not realistic.

With that, it's off to do dishes so Husband can rest his poor beat-up hands. It will also mean I get away from the bowl of evil pistachios...

Finished Objects

Works in Progress

5 comments:

  1. The socks look good and if your pair are in your head are totally different but inspired by the ones your knitting then I'm not sure I see plagiarism. After all we are inspired by so much around us including what we wear do and see. Interesting thought though and perhaps someone more in the know will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes, the evil pistachios.. they tempt you every time don't they? I'm so impressed you're mind is creating a different sock while knitting up a test pattern. I think the current sock is looking good, but you've made me curious about 'your new pattern'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so neat how that sleeve is coming out. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks look lovely and inspiration doesn't seem like plagiarism to me - but what do I know!!
    Whilst knitting Morticia, I have seen some amazing pieces of lace surgery, but it is totally beyond me!!

    ReplyDelete