Sunday, June 23, 2013

Short and quick project update

I meant to write a few weeks ago, while I was in Colorado but I was having too much fun and excitement. Then I was going to write this past week but I set a knitting goal for myself. I had finally reached it just in time for us to lose power. I've been without power at home since Friday evening. I'm currently at the local library working on some lighting design work which I need a mental break from so I've decided to update this blog. It would be even more awesome if I could do the updates that are floating around in my head but the photos for those posts are at home. So here are the highlights until I get better organized.

  • I visited the Estes Park Wool Market with my mom for the first time in over a decade. It was much more interesting now than when I was 18.
  • I got to spend a lot of time knitting and finished the knitting part of a beaded bag for my youngest step-daughter's birthday present. It's the first time I've ever done bead work while knitting.
  • Dying happened at the end of the week. Tie-dying and yarn dying that is. I use to make tie-dyed shirts All of the Time. I probably had about 21 at one point. It was my first time dying yarn. I made some for my mother-in-law for her birthday and then some sock yarn for the Cookie A Sock Club because the Kirk inspired socks needed Captain colors.
  • I'm about to turn the heel on the right Pirouette sock. It took me about 3 weeks to reach this point on the left one. I did it in about 1 week this time. I don't know if I've simply spent more time knitting on it or if my brain stopped freaking out but it was certainly easier.
  • I learned about World Wide Knitting in Public and did spend some time knitting in public.
  • Last night, I cast on plain socks as 2-at-a-time using the Magic Loop method. I think I have actual socks instead of a mess even. I'm very proud of that.
  • The baby blanket has been frogged so that I can knit it on larger needles. Mom did it for me because she is awesome.
And now back to cuing work. I'm dreading writing out the cues for one song because there are going to be a lot of them. I hope it looks as magical in real life as it does in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment