Friday, December 12, 2014

YOP #2.19-23 or I'm Not Dead Yet

It has been over a month since I've blogged anywhere. Part of that is due to my work schedule and being so drained from it that sitting down to write would require a different attention span than I currently have available to me. Part of it is personal reasons that can stay off the internet. And the final part is that I don't feel like I've really made enough progress on anything to write about it. Of course, there has been some progress, just not as much as I want to have finished.

I've finished the 2nd Mint Twist sock and had my friend try it on before I closed up the toe. Success! I even managed to frog the 1st sock back to where I needed to add to the heel flap without losing any stitches in the pattern. The toe decreases were just started last night, which will hopefully mean that I'll have a finished pair come Sunday. This will be the first thing I've finished since July...gah. Though one could argue that I finished the Pretty Pillars Test sock...but only one sock. I plan on doing the 2nd one soon as it was a quick knit, so it's still on my WiPs list.

I know I shouldn't beat myself up as much as I do about my progress. Heck, there have been several days in a row (almost a week even) that I didn't knit anything.

I should probably finish the thumb on the first pair of gloves that were suppose to be for Husband. I've started the second pair (the first one) so that he can have them before the new year...at least I'm taking the weeks of Christmas and New Year's day off so that this is a higher likely hood of happening. I've started the 2nd finger and need to add the silver thread to it. I spent a week house-sitting for a friend and decided that Husband would prefer his gloves to not have tons of dog and cat hair in them and I didn't want to have to worry about my friend's mouthy dog (he's only just over a year old, so I get it) eating the thread. My plan is to pick up working on them on Monday when things slow down at work.

 My last Cookie A 2014 sock club yarn showed up today. Mom signed us up for it again next year which I'm excited about. I'm only doing one club next year as even though I keep seeing yarn (and sales!) that are tempting, I want to really make a dent in the stash I have.

Works in Progress

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as though you have had a hard few weeks. I hope you have a proper rest over the holidays and if no knitting gets done so be it. Hopefully, you will be able to find some time over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete