Sunday, October 12, 2014

YOP #2.15 or This is What Progress Feels Like!

I don't know how, but this week I knit on almost everything!

Arrow Season 2 is now streaming on Netflix so Husband and I sat around and watched a few episodes this week. As we did so, I worked on his glove. I figured out part of the problem. The pattern says to increase after the ribbing. Husband's hands are just...unique. This probably also has to do with not swatching but I think his hands are also not your average pattern friendly. So I frogged that first row and instead of increasing the stitches, I decreased a few. I knit enough rows to begin the thumb gusset and had him try it one. It looked much better. As I knit (and made notes; so many notes for the second glove), I would occasionally stop and make him give me his hand to try it on. It's going so much better! Right now I'm only working on it while he's around so that I can be constantly putting it on his hand. These will be the most custom gloves ever made.





On Saturday I hosted a craft day. I was trying not to pout because I worried people wouldn't show up. I was very pleased that I ended up with 3 of my friends over and I got to work on Girl on Fire. I finished up the leg, heel flap and turned the heel before it was time to go out to a show with a friend of mine. Before people showed up, I managed to get a sort-of life line into the sock I need to frog. It's hard to follow just before the heel and on a pattern that has cables and lace work. Hopefully it'll get me close but I know feel like I can finish the second sock.




I did hear back from the designer for Browncoat. I didn't make any progress, but I did take some photos tonight.




Works in Progress

16 comments:

  1. What a lot of progress you made and I'm so glad you found out what was causing the problem with the gloves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a little silly that it took me so long! I was even thinking about how I needed to decrease and how silly that would be as I'd then be increasing for the thumb gusset. I looked over the pattern and it hit me. I thank my boss for making me stay home on the day I could last week while I was sick. I think it helped.

      Delete
  2. Intrigued..Girl on Fire...Browncoat...are you a fan of geeky things too? I have a pair of socks I'm hoping to finish for the premiere in November...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe just a little....I tend to re-name projects to geekier names though "Girl on Fire" is the pattern name (Cookie A is pretty geeky I've learned) and the Browncoat pattern is "Sauble Sunset" but I'm making it in a colorway called "Captain Tight pants". :D

      Delete
  3. so glad you have got the upper hand with those gloves (no pun intended) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husband would appreciate the pun. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't made it yet.

      Delete
  4. Oh I do so love the colours in that glove, I hope this is the one!! Your craft day sounds great and now you have been in touch with the designer, hopefully you can make progress on browncoat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take the credit for the color choices on the gloves but that's all Husband. I will say this about him. When he knows what he wants, he picks really well.

      Delete
  5. Lovely sock. The pattern is so pretty. Your gloves are great and I am sure hubby will be happy to have something to keep his hands warm. Brown coat is still one of my favorites and will look forward to seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only will it keep his hands warm but the fingers will have a silver thread in them so he can use touchscreens while wearing them!

      Delete
  6. Gla you heard back from the designer! Can't wait to see more progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my project plan for tomorrow. I have the day off so I hope I'm able to sit and work on it for a bit.

      Delete
  7. Custom gloves, how great is that? I love your colors on everything and the socks are beautiful. I love the "brown coat"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you do anything differently for your craft day? I've thought about doing something similar but I too am worried no one would come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting gloves to fit is really a challenge! Gavin has wide hands and narrow wrists so there always seems to be a bagginess across the back of the hand where the cuff ribbing transitions into the main area of the hand. Do storeboughts fit any better? Or do we just obsess over our handknits?

    ReplyDelete