Monday, June 9, 2014

YOP #46-#48 or Happy Birthday to me!

I have been attempting to write this post for the last 2 weeks. It's been busy. I've had a 2nd wedding anniversary and today (Sunday) is my birthday. It's a good thing my attention span with knitting is superior to that towards blogging. (Note: I couldn't even get to finishing this post on my birthday; I've just been that unfocused on writing.)

It's nearly the end of my first year doing a Year of Projects. I've learned a lot and I've even made some progress since the last time I posted. One thing I'm going to work on for this next year is to not only stay better at posting these updates, but to do an additional update once a week. If I have enough time to play stupid facebook games (which I do), then I have enough time to blog. That would probably also be a better use of my time....

Onto the projects!

My socks (currently Vanilla Eyelets but I really want something better) have progressed greatly. I'm on the foot of the second sock and I've apparently hit a wall of some sort. Is this a partial case of Second Sock Syndrome? I just want them to be done so I can wear them but I don't seem to want to do them. I think they have been neglected lately due to starting a friend's birthday present and wanting/needing to finish the shawl.

My TARDIS shawl is complete!

It doubled in size while blocking. I may need to work on that.

Horrible picture but I was too excited about it being done to care.















































 It was finished in time to go to the Commemorative Air Force Minnesota Wing Spring Hangar dance. We got all dolled up and I wore this shawl (good thing too; it was a bit chilly that evening) because the TARDIS was totally a thing in the 1940s.....

I love how soft the finished fabric is and it was a lot of fun to make. Not in a hurry to make another one just like this but I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Here's one of the photos we had taken while we were there. They haven't uploaded the ones from in front of the aircraft yet. 

Mint Twist socks, one of the December 2013 Cookie A sock patterns, have been started. They are for my friend for her birthday. I did have them started before her birthday and the first one is nearly done, which I'm quite happy with. This is probably one of the fastest Cookie A socks I've knit. As of Sunday, I'm just about to pick up gusset stitches on the first sock. Hopefully I'll have pictures next week.

I still have a baby sock pattern to get out of my head. I need to partially frog it and change one section. I also have another dog to make. I really need to get on that. It shouldn't take too long, especially now that I've got backwards knitting as a skill.

Finished Objects

Works in Progress






3 comments:

  1. The tardis shawl is fabulous - beautiful colour. And don't the two of you look great all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shawl it turned out wonderful and how cute is the picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture of you both! Amazing how much things open up with blocking, huh? The blue is just perfect for the Tardis!

    ReplyDelete