Sunday, May 4, 2014

YOP #43 or The Doctor Visits

No finishes this week but there was progress. No photos either. I keep forgetting to take pictures.

I've finished about a quarter of the TARDIS section of the Police Box shawl. I'm impressed at how fast it's going and it has become a travel project. I'm nearly finished with the first "Vanilla" sock but get sidetracked with the shawl. I really, really wanted it done by today. I'm glad I kept my sanity and didn't finish it. I switched skeins of yarn when I changed sections and I'm glad I did because even though it's the same colorway, it's definitely not the same color. Ah, the joy of dye lots, especially ones that aren't labeled. Oh well. At least I have multiple skeins so each section will be slightly different instead of in the middle of a section.

I ended up frogging the baby socks and cast them onto a smaller size needle. I'm still not happy with the pattern as it's not quite what I see in my head so I'll probably end up frogging them again. It's getting closer. I guess the good thing is that I haven't managed to take any notes yet....

On an unrelated note, Comic Con was a blast! We made it into the Matt Smith panel. I ran into several friends, including one from St. Louis that I didn't realize went to all of them. There were a lot of amazing costumes. I had decided to leave my knitting and large bag at home. Less things for me to have to worry about. With all the waiting in lines, I kind of wish I had my knitting but I was able to have good conversations with my bonus daughter. I splurged and bought a photo op with Matt Smith for her and her friend. There will be more leaf raking out of her. When we got out of the "room" (a pipe and drape area), she was shaking for quite a bit. It was definitely worth it, even the waiting in line bits.

Finished Objects

Works in Progress

2 comments:

  1. Glad you all enjoyed Comic Con and that it was worth all the waiting, hope you get the sock pattern from you head onto your needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comic Con is always something that has eluded me. Events that run similarly to them here in Canada always seems to happen during normally busy times for me....

    ReplyDelete