Sunday, February 2, 2014

YOP #31 or 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

Yesterday, I finished my fifth project of 2014. I'm ridiculously excited about this. My knitting skills have definitely leveled up. Since last week, I've finished my sister's hat and the knitted dog. Last week I wanted to have both of these finished and I did it! I set a goal and it was actually achievable. There are two more dogs to knit but I'm very excited that I've finished one. It probably helped that I had a big show on Thursday. It was a crazy morning but once the show started (two performances), I literally had nothing to do but sit there and make sure the building didn't fall apart. So I sat there backstage and worked on the hat. I finished the hat within 15 minutes of the second performance.

I then pulled out the Newton socks. Almost a year ago I got this pattern. I remember being completely intimidated by it. It's lacy and there was a chart. How could anyone make these socks? Well, a year later, and less than a week after starting them, I'm already at the heel. And instead of doing the heel flap, I'm using Ann Budd's short row heel. The Sweet Georgia yarn is so soft and lovely. I can't wait to get them onto my feet.

Tomorrow I should have the newest Cookie A yarn and I will definitely have the patterns. I'm excited about getting it. I've been a little "meh" the last few months as I didn't feel very inspired by the patterns. I'm hoping that I'm back on my sock knitting kick though.

Finished Objects

Works in Progress

4 comments:

  1. I love setting reachable goals too... Because when life gets in the way sometimes, the more challenging goals become frustrating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful feeling setting goals and achieving them hopefully this is the start of you kicking back into socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 FO's this year already? Woman, you are on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to achieve what you set out to do, well done! And lots of FO's as well!!

    ReplyDelete