Wednesday, January 29, 2014

YOP #30 or Insert Clever Title Here

This past week has been ridiculous in it's temperatures. You would think with extra time off from work (it was so cold that the University I work for canceled all classes, so my late night rehearsal wasn't happening) that I would have time to update my blog in a timely manner. Instead, I was trying hard to keep warm. It did mean that I had extra time to work on things. There was progress this past week.

The dog is coming along nicely. All of the parts are made and the sides are sewn together. I need to finish sewing it up and then I can stuff it. I had to buy stuffing as my friend didn't manage to but on the scale of things, that's a little thing. Besides, I was able to buy 20 ounces of stuffing for the same price as a smaller bag. I should have the little guy done by next week. I had hoped to have it done by now but I needed to take a break from it. So many ends to sew in! On top of that, the method to sew things together is frustrating for me. It does make a seamless connection but it's fussy on something so small. Alas, at the moment, I can't seem to remember what it's called but it is on the list of things I don't really like.

My sister's hat is starting it decrease. She was going to leave Montana and move to Texas so I thought she'd get a little more use out of the hat as it's lighter weight than something to wear up north. Then some of her clients (she's a vet) made her an offer she couldn't refuse (not in a creepy way) to get her to stay. So while she may not be able to wear it in sub-zero weather, at least she'll look girly when she can wear it in the fall. My plan is to finish it up before the end of the week as it will mean I will have finished four projects this month! If I manage to finish the dog as well, then it will be a grand total of five projects! When I mentioned my finish rate to Husband last night and asked him to imagine what it would be like if I finished 4 projects every month, he quipped that it would mean I would stay on top of my yarn buying habit.

I did finish the scarfowl, which was another test pattern. The yarn is lovely. I purchased it at StevenBe's back in May. On Saturday, there was an open house, so I of course brought it with me to show off. (Note: I went into the shop and managed to not buy a single thing; the world may be ending.) Now I'll have to go back and show off the finished object. I made mine smaller than the original one so that it will sit up close to my face. I took it to a crafting night on Thursday and there was much ooohing and ahhing over it. Husband asked if I could wear it like a crown (this is how he wears his cowl at times) in hopes that it will replace my troll hat, though that is unlikely.

Monday I started an old Cookie A pattern. It's the second one from last February. I apparently couldn't wait until this coming Monday to start a Cookie A sock. I've been wanting to work on a Cookie A sock for a few weeks now. I'm using the yarn we got in the June shipment so the socks are Blood Orange Newtons. The cuff is almost finished and I'm loving the yarn. It's the second skein of club yarn I've used now. I keep finding other yarn that I want to use on the patterns.

I love how my Finished Objects list is growing. It feels really nice to see it there every week and I love moving an item from the lower list up to the other one. It feels like progress.


Finished Objects

Works in Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment