Saturday, April 6, 2013

Finished! Now what?

Friday morning I finally finished my first pair of Cookie A socks.

This picture shows that it's still winter...I apparently need to shave my legs...badly.
Have you ever been on a trip (especially a driving trip) where you are suddenly feel done with the traveling and are ready to be home? I started to feel that way towards the end of the toe of these socks. I was in some ways mentally done and ready to be finished with them. This is probably due to the fact that I'd started "knitting" them in my head even when I wasn't actively knitting.  The pattern, despite some early upsets, was actually really easy and friendly. A bit addictive as well to be honest. I wore them to work today so I could show them off to everyone.

 As with every other toe (5 so far) I've done, it was finished with the kitchener stitch. Despite having done it several times now, I seem to always have to look up how to do it whenever I get to that point. It's really an easy process but I think I over-think it every time and that's why I have to go back and look up how to do it.

 The yarn has been amazing. There was a little bit left and I'm wondering what to do with it. I've got this idea of making a patchwork project with all the leftover Cookie A yarn. Assuming I have leftovers with the future ones of course!

There are several reasons to want to be done with this pair. One-I've got another pattern from the first club shipment that I want to make. Two-the next club shipment comes on Monday, so I may change my mind on knitting priorities. Three-I have this strange, fuzzy yarn (10 skeins of it) that I feel should be made into something else. Four-the husband has consented to letting me make him socks. It's with stash yarn and it's not going to be the best yarn but frankly, I don't want to give him my best yarn to wear while he jumps through a hoop on a tight rope. Five-I've pretty much been knitting socks since November now with a short break to make some hats so it might not be a bad idea to branch out and try something else for a change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment